Friday 30 August 2013

High Park Hillside Gardens (Toronto)

On a recent visit to High Park located in west central Toronto on 161 hectares (400 acres), I walked about half way into the park to the Hillside Gardens to enjoy the cool breeze while staying in the shade. Due to the extreme temperature my camera phone kept taking hazy photos.




A series of three ponds with fountains fenced in by trimmed hedges. This would have been an excellent location to meditate except for other visitors to the pools, some whom tended to be quite vocal.




More information about High Park can be found at: http://www.toronto.ca/parks/featured-parks/high-park/attractions.htm


Photo Credits: BE Martin All Rights Reserved.

5 comments:

Rune Eide said...

It looked like day that hazy photos just fitted the atmosphere - a place I would have liked to visit.

Charles Gramlich said...

A friend of mine's daughter has just relocated to Toronto. Lana lived there a while herself.

Anonymous said...

I think beautiful gardens such as Hillside are wonderful to visit on hot days.
I enjoyed seeing your photos of this part of Toronto.

Leah J. Utas said...

it does look quite peaceful.

David Cranmer said...

Beautiful grounds there, Barbara. My wife and I love visiting places like that.